Re: Oracle and mysql

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:38:49 +0100

I'd start by asking what the requirements and constraints of your
application were. After all most of us run apps not databases - or indeed
operating systems. As far as I'm aware mysql doesn't support stored
procedures in native 3gl code. For most apps who cares, for some Oracle or
MSSQL win here.

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 14, 2010 7:33 PM, "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anybody know where there is a good comparison between Oracle and MySQL?

I am interested in the limitations of MySQL against Oracle.

Or,  I am not trying to start an e-mail war.  I just need to know the facts
about why I would stick with Oracle over MySQL.

Learn
more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>