Oracle Workspace manager

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:36:55 -0600

Hello,

We have an Application Express application that makes pretty extensive
use of workspace manager.  My understanding is that it has provided the
functionality that we need and saved the developer a fair amount of
time.  We've had to navigate some of the restrictions imposed by
workspace manager but so far those restrictions haven't caused too many
headaches.

The one problem we do have is with performance.  There is not much data
in these tables (100's possibly 1000's of rows) but we are seeing some
pretty dismal performance.  It hasn't been a problem identifying what is
slow, but we are struggling with how to make it fast and we are very
concerned about scalability.  I've captured some of the executions plans
of resource intensive sql involving version enabled tables and because
of the additional objects Oracle creates to enable the versioning
capability, those execution plans are all close to 1000 lines making it
very difficult to troubleshoot. Not only that but traditional indexing
can't be used (although I think workspace manager does provide packages
to index version enabled tables).

Does anybody out there have experience with workspace manager?  ...any
war stories?  ...any links to helpful whitepapers/articles/discussion
threads?

I myself am not very familiar with the functionality yet but I'm quickly
being sucked into this and anything that would help me come up to speed
quickly would be Greatly appreciated!

thanks
chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.