RE: Oracle Vs Sybase

  • From: "Grant Allen" <Grant.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:36:03 +1000

Govindan,

Yes, we provide migration facilities to our clients that allow them to =
move their data freely between Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and DB2.  I'd =
say we've performed a few thousand migrations like these over the years. =
 Once you understand the basic bulk data movement / ETL tools =
(SQL*Loader, bcp, LOAD), it's easy to programmatically handle things =
like quotes, ascii control characters, etc.  Definitely a case of effort =
up front paying off later.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)