RE: Oracle Virtualbox Networking Multiple VMS (question for advanced Virtualbox users)

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Kevin Lidh' <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:46:17 -0500

Kevin,

Ahhhh...interesting approach.  I was attempting to do something similar with
the Microsoft Loopback adapter - install the adapter, enable ICS sharing
between my LAN and the Loopback adapter and use the loopback adapter as my NIC
for my VMS - *HOWEVER* my 'overly zealous' Network Admins have apparently
disabled ICS on the domain (grumble). :)  (Only kidding of course - I'm sure
there's a good reason they do that)

I'm going to try your approach.  Makes sense that it should work.

Regards,

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.