Re: Oracle VM ?

  • From: "John Darrah" <darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nilosegura@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:41:34 -0700

I believe the technical arguments for and against VM's are pretty much moot
until Oracle announces how they are going to license around a VM model.  If
Oracle uses a usage-based license model, I think VMs will be bigger than
RAC. If on the other hand they use their existing model, then Oracle's VM
will be relegated to open source applications and Dev envirionments.
Someone is going to move to this model, its only a matter of when.