RE: Oracle Unbreakable Linux

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:42:31 -0600

Mmm...pancakes.  It certainly starts like a sales pitch but it makes an
interesting read.  The only production Linux experience I have is with
SuSE and our SA does the interaction with support (although I haven't
heard of him even talking to them).  From what I can tell there isn't a
lot of experience with Oracle's Linux support to date.  I remember when
they acquired Rdb from DEC, the support people were former DEC people so
the support was good.  I wonder where they got the Linux support
personnel from.