Re: Oracle Unbreakable Linux

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:31:01 -0400

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A friend of mine is considering Unbreakable in his organization and
> wondered if I had heard of anybody using it in production.  I personally
> haven't but was wondering if anyone on this list was using it and what
> they're feelings about it were?  Have you used Oracle's support and how
> was it?

I've seen quite a few people using OEL in production for servers they're
running Oracle products on.  But I still see a lot of people on RH too.
Having the single point of contact seems like a great advantage.  OEL is of
course just a copy of Red Hat's code...  so you're asking the right
questions - it's all about who has the better support organization.
Personally I don't have any good war stories from either org...  anyone?  :)

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL