RE: Oracle Transparent Gateway

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:14:41 -0400

The Gateway is a separately licensed product, but you've got to download
the entire enterprise cd set for Windows to find the software.
Heterogeneous services for HP-UX is one item that I have not been able
to get working.  I would not waste my time on it.  The gateway is $5K
per server that it's installed on, if my memory is working right.  Takes
about 2 hours to get installed & running & then using a Microsoft
utility you can tie in all the sql server databases you want.

  _____