Oracle Transparent Gateway

  • From: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:38:30 -0400

Hi,

Is the Oracle Transparent Gateway a licensable product? We have a
requirement to access the SQL Server from the Oracle using the DB link or
Synonyms of the SQL Server object in the Oracle using the dblink.

In the Heterogeneous connectivity document, it says either you could use the
Generic connectivity or the Transparent Gateway. The transparent gateway can
use the SQL Server database as a another Oracle database so we could use the
Database link. How about the Generic connectivity? I wasn't clear that the
Generic connectivity has the same feature of using the db link. Also, Does
Oracle support the SQL Server connectivity from the Unix (HP-UX)?

Thanks,
Raja