Re: Oracle Telemarketing

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:41:25 +0000

On 02/14/2005 01:26:02 PM, ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> when i first entered the business, i was warned to never give oracle your=
 phone number.=20
> I heard horror stories about aggressive sales people.=20

Yes. That is perfectly true. Some of those agressive sales people are still=
 telling=20
horror stories about me. The worst thing that can happen to any telemarkete=
r is to
actually get me on the phone. Here goes my favorite:

Caller: Hi sir, my name is xxxx, I am calling for xxx. This is not a sales =
call, we would
        like you to participate in a little inquiry.
Me:     I don't have time. Can you give me your phone number, I'll call you=
 later.
Caller: Of course. My number is 1-800-xxxxxx.
Me:     No, no, no! I mean your private home number. The place where you li=
ve and go to
        sleep every night, you know. THAT phone number.
Caller: Sorry, sir, it is against our policy to give private home numbers. =
We don't want
        to be disturbed at home.
Me:     What the [Your Favorite Expletive Here] makes you think that I like=
 being disturbed
        at home, you [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE]...[EXPLETIVE]?=20
<Hang up>

This guarantees piece and quiet. The other thing that I sometimes enjoy is =
to divert
the conversation to sexual preferences of the caller. That is reserved for =
the callers
who claim that they want to save my soul. So far, they haven't had any succ=
ess. My phone
number is in phone book. I am eagerly awaiting sales calls from Oracle, cab=
le programming guys=20
or anybody else. Go ahead, my soul is still up for salvation.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA