Re: Oracle Table Compression.

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shahed.mirza@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:09:54 -0400

you can compress tables, and associated indexes as well. Remember that
in some versions of 92xx, you can't do direct exports, they throw
ora-600. also you cannot alter columns using ddl when compressed, so
you need to be able to un-compress if table needs to be altered.

Otherwise it may be a good thing, as always all expressed opinions are
invalid without you doing tests to satisfy your needs in your
environment.

Raj