Re: Oracle Support Blog

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:44:40 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a final note, any idea if I will ever receive an answer to my
> biggest question (posted numerous times), on why Oracle's own software
> was incapable of being used to create a new "Support" site?

Indeed it's often forgotten that Oracle sell a solution for support
organisations. RedHat use it. It seems to me that the fact that support
don't use it and weren't made to use it when the migration happened is a
pretty telling indictment of that bit of software. Essentially Oracle have
chosen to build rather than buy ^H^H^H^H use for free a product we sell.
Certainly I take it as a strong indication that Oracle's web support
commercial offering is not fit for purpose.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA