Re: Oracle Streams and Data Guard

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

Maureen,

You'll want to take a look at:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-10gdataguardroletransitionss-133727.pdf

It's old, but it discusses Streams and DG failover/role transitions and should
provide you the missing pieces.

I am working with one of your peers who is attempting to move from local
capture to downstream capture, because they were finding the impact of local
capture to be troublesome in their environment.

The idea of rewiring the delivered streams setup to be downstream capture is
something you may want to consider.  Your ERP vendor is already aware that
another university is trying to make that switch.

Does anyone have any experience moving from local to downstream capture without
disrupting the target environment?

Job