Re: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC?

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:10:48 -0600

Larger shops that like to buy the whole kit & kaboodle, even if some of the
stuff is never used. Fortunately, we do use AWR, but I agree about
statspack.

Can one force Grid Control (or dbconsole for that matter) to use statspack
data instead of AWR? I realize they are different animals and the statspack
is "limited".

On 1/2/07, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 06:20 PM 1/2/2007, Job Miller wrote:

>The biggest downside to SE that I see is no Diagnostics Pack (AWR)
>data available to you.
>
>so now if you throw in RAC, you have any more of a need to
>understand/diagnose the underlying wait data, but no convenient
>mechanism like AWR to collect all of that for you.

I am curious. How many have actually licensed the Diagnostics Pack.

Of course you can still use its older cousin, Statspack, for free even in
SE.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation