Oracle Standard Edition & RAC?

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:39:29 -0500

Folks,

Had a quick question for the folks out here - how many people are using,
or looking at using Standard Edition with RAC in lieu of EE?  Are the
cost savings worth the annoyance of the limitations?  Why is/isn't
everyone doing this?  I have a customer that is asking for why they
shouldn't be using Standard Edition - I'm an old EE bigot who thought
standard edition was for integrating into software and laptops, but I've
been hearing more and more people talk about using SE w/ RAC instead of
EE for smaller environments.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

--