Re: Oracle / Spirion

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srcdco@xxxxxxx, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:41:14 -0800

Scott,

So:  if you run it interactively, it works.  If you run it through their own scheduler, it fails.  QED:  You have proven that it is a problem with their product, not with Oracle.

Suggestion:  Please contact the supervisor of that technical person, tell them that you're recommending to your own management to use a competitor's solution because Spirion is poorly supported.  If that doesn't result in a more helpful response, then it is justified to follow through and recommend another product.

As far as solving the problem, there are several dozen error messages that can be summarized as "/can't connect to database/", so can you share the Oracle error received?

Hope this helps,

-Tim

On 12/2/2021 12:14 PM, Scott Canaan wrote:

Does anyone use Spirion against their Oracle databases?  We are testing against an Oracle 19.13 database.  If we start the scan interactively, it works.  If we try to run the scan through the Spirion scheduler, it fails, saying it can’t connect to the database.  Spirion is insisting that it’s an Oracle issue, even though the Oracle client on the Spirion server can connect to the database.

If anyone has run into this and knows what the issue is, I’d appreciate you letting me know.  The Spirion technical person insists that it isn’t their problem.

Thank you,

*Scott Canaan ‘88**
*/Sr Database Administrator
/Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration **

*Rochester Institute of Technology
*o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520**

_srcdco@xxxxxxx <mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>_| c: (585) 339-8659

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE*: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.