RE: Oracle Spatial

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <careljan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:13:29 +0200

Eriovaldo,

Spatial is not just relational stuff. I did the Technical Review of the
book "Pro Oracle Spatial" by Ravi Kothuri, Albert Godfrind and Euro
Beinat (Apress, 2nd edition appeared in 2007).

When I reviewed the 1st edition, Spatial was new to me (In- and Outside
of Oracle). The book tought me a lot. Mark is right. It is not the
easiest topic around, but this book is probably a good start. If you
have some proper programming background, and have changed platform
several times, Spatial is just a new platform with new rules. Becoming
experienced will take time, of course.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===