Oracle Services dropped from Registry on Win 8.1 upgrade

  • From: "Tony Marshall" <tony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:14:29 -0700

After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, the Oracle instance on my
desktop failed to start.  I opened Services and found that all the usual
Oracle Services had been deleted.  The Windows Installer removed the Oracle
Services from the Registry.  I was going to be a hero and reconstruct the
Registry using the oradim utility but I was worried about other Registry
entries that might be missing, so I did a full and complete deinstall (using
Oracle's handy deinstall.bat) and reinstalled everything.

Tony Marshall

Seattle