RE: Oracle SE and Standby database...

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx, <drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:54:42 +0800

Wow ! Actually packaged and priced !

We have 3 databases that use the scripted method that has worked reliably from Oracle7 onwards,
with additional monitoring (eg for missing logs or something simple as "no update to the alert.log
of the standby for some time" !) and our employer doesn't pay us anything extra for that !

Hemant
At 02:26 PM Tuesday, Christian Antognini wrote:
Dhimant

>Here is my small :-) problem. We are a small company with tight budget and I need to come up with
>Oracle standby database for our 2 CPU SE license. Any ideas? I read good amount of documentation
>and it references that it is possible - I want to put this into production.

We had similar problem by different customers. Therefore we build a small package to do it.
More information here http://www.trivadis.com/Images/standby_060515_en_tcm17-14645.pdf.

Best regards,
Chris

Hemant K Chitale