Re: Oracle SAN implementation

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:14:48 -0600

Bryan,

OFA is applicable for all platforms supported by Oracle (i.e. Unix, Windows,
OpenVMS, MVS, etc), but it only governs things from the level of the
file-system and above.  Thus, OFA applies whether your storage is mounted on
SAN (storage area network), NAS (network-attached storage), DAS
(direct-attached storage), HFS (hierarchical file-system), or any other type
of storage media.

Hope this helps...

-Tim