Oracle RAC on Win vs. Oracle on Linux

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:05:10 -0800 (PST)

Anyone want to jump in on their preferred platform for RAC? Personally I tend
to lean towards Linux for stability purposes, but I'd like your thoughts on why
you prefer either platform for RAC. Specifically why would you avoid windows
(other than the fact that it's evil), or would you?

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Master Principle Consultant, Oracle Corporation
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles