RE: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network

  • From: Upendra <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:46:21 -0400

Yeah. The second database will be part of the same cluster.

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:30:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network
From: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds tricky.  Is this second database clustered? Failover configuration might
be kind of iffy.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Upendra <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All -
I have a 11.2.0.4 Oracle RAC running on Sparc platform with 3 nodes. I have the
scan listeners configured on Network_A and an application is using the scan
Listeners.

Without impacting the above setup, I would like to create a second database in
the RAC environment and setup access for another set of applications through
another network Network_B. They both are independent networks (its a
requirement based on the legacy networks we have). I need the listener for the
second database to be listening on Network_B.

Example:
Network_A - 192.168.6.x
Network_B - 10.120.2.x

What are my options in creating such a setup and what are the
limitations/constraints in this setup?

I'd assume if I bypass the SCAN listeners and access the database listener
directly, I'd have to keep up with the cluster changes at the application layer
(like node additions/removal etc).. Similar to Oracle 10g RAC - anything else?

Thanks much
-Upendra

--
Andrew W. Kerber