RE: Oracle RAC licensing question

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>, <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:04:13 -0500

A single node RAC install means that CRS is installed, and db and other
services run under the control of CRS,  and you have the option of
adding another node at a later date without having to reinstall the
software (i.e. converting from a non-RAC to a RAC install).   Sometimes
we get requests to create a single node RAC for testing- it is more to
simplify the DBA's work during a later conversion to RAC, or to validate
the OS platform for RAC without having to get a 2nd node.