RE: Oracle RAC cost justification?

  • From: "Larry Elkins" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Hollis, Les'" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:51:06 -0500

And though it strays a bit at times, but not very far, I've found this
thread very interesting, even if it is 28 emails so far (more now I
suppose). I am very interested in what people are seeing in the real world
regarding RAC, and why they chose it, why they like/regret it, and
alternatives that have been considered. So yeah, I don't know diddly about
RAC ;-) That's why I find this thread interesting, it is very educational
;-) I can read all the docs and white papers until I'm blue in the face but
real world takes on it are nice to hear.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx
214.954.1781