RE: Oracle RAC cost justification?

  • From: "Khemmanivanh, Somckit" <somckit.khemmanivanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vlado Barun" <vlado@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:30:47 -0700

Yes, for example -- RAC vs. let's say HP MC Service Guard?=20

Let's say we already have Service Guard in house. For new
implementations should we go with MCSG or look at RAC? RAC is an HA and
scalability solution (MCSG is purely HA). I'm trying to get a good
handle on the overrall costs comparisons (I know license is only 1
factor, that's why I threw in the hardware scenario since you're
supposed to be able to incrementally add capacity to a RAC cluster...)

Thanks!=20