RE: Oracle RAC cost justification?

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:44:43 -0400

David,
(below)From a recent post on this list.
TAF is immediate session immediately move/reconnected to the surviving node,
but SQL*Plus was the on support app at the time I tested it.
Also as said in the post PS/SQL, and any I,U,D do not continue and you have to
configure it for Selects to continue.
I the world of middle tiers I find it easier just to let the reconnect and
failover (using proper tns syntax)

||I manage about 30 RAC DB's.
30 RAC DB's on the 2 large servers or on 60 individual small servers?
Run any in active-active mode with *real* busy app?
Is your life with RAC more complex or not?
Linux, IBM, Sun, HP?

Chris

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA