RE: Oracle RAC backup hardware/software recommendation?

  • To: <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mueller_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:53:29 +0100

Well thought out and interesting response Chris.

I am interested in your point 3.

We don't use RAC (well I don't!!) but do have occasions when we restore
archived log files from the MML/Tape Robot when they were backed up on
Client A and the database is now on Client B. (cluster and the databse
has failed over to the alternate node). We do not have to mess around
with the MML config, we just ensure that the NSR_CLIENT is set correctly
and privileges are correct within Networker (or whichever MML you will
be using)

Have I misunderstood your point or is it RAC specific?

John