RE: Oracle RAC Server Conf.

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:15:17 -0500

I was being a little tongue in cheek in my original post, following along with
the previous poster.  My only comment about proprietary is that I can't call up
Oracle and buy the exadata software license and then install it on any machine
I want, or with any storage I want.  Is that *really* proprietary?  Well, it's
certainly inflexible.

None of this is a knock on exadata - I was just continuing in Robert's vein of
pointing out that the original user gave almost no boundaries or parameters for
what they're looking for.

And yes, you can run the Exadata software on a VM, though you obviously lose
the InfiniBand RDMA performance enhancements.

Matt