Oracle RAC, SAN & minimal LUN sizes for OCR/VOTING disks

  • From: "Pradeep Chetal" <Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:37:10 -0500

Folks,

We have an installation where we mentioned DGDATA and DGFRA LUN sizes of
72 GB. However, we forgot to mention the OCR & VOTING LUN sizes.  This
was 4-5 months ago.

The infrastructure team mentioned that they have a SAN which has minimal
LUN size of 72 GB and they can't bring SAN down for us as there are
other apps running on that. This means that we have to give up part of
DGDATA and DGFRA for this large LUN sizes.

Since we cannot do any RAC without OCR and VOTING, I have 2 questions:

- What is the minimal # of OCR & VOTING disks needed for a production (I
mean production) system
- will having a 72 GB LUN for OCR or VOTING cause performance issues?

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help
you to transform your business