Re: Oracle RAC DR test

  • From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l digest users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:18:52 +0000

Hi Sanjay

I use cloning to install RDBMS binaries and it's pretty straight-forward.
Create a zip archive of the source ORACLE_HOME, extract it on the target, run
clone.pl from target $ORACLE_HOME/clone/bin, and then run root.sh.

Niall Lichfield wrote a nice how-to here:
http://orawin.info/blog/2011/07/27/in-praise-of-clones/

In a previous role I used cloning for Grid Infrastructure too, but not got
around to implementing this at my current place. It worked fine, and I don't
remember it being too hard to get working. I followed the steps here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e41959/clonecluster.htm#CWADD03202.

Hope that helps

Austin