Oracle RAC, CFS, and NetBackup Media Servers...

  • From: "Loughmiller, Greg" <greg.loughmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:24:54 -0500

hey guys,

A lot of smart people out there, and was hoping to see if anyone could
share a bit of info related to the following topic..

We are going to have a 3 node RAC cluster on Solaris 9, running 9206...
and we will be using the Veritas Storage Foundation Suite (SFRAC) as
well as Clustered File systems.. and we use NetBackup/RMAN to back up
the DB's where the host is a media server (Lun presented to node for use
of backups to disk)...

So now the question(s)

1.      Has anyone used a similar infrastructure and used a non-cfs for
the LUN presented to the host for the NetBackup Media Server?
2.      Has anyone used such a scenario where the storage (forgive me if
I offend some vendors out there) does not support a SCSI-3 Persistence
Reservation requirement?  (SCSI-3 PR is a requirement for the CFS for
split brain,etc)
3.      Any suggestions based on experience in this space would be
helpful. This shouldn't be a new problem. But it will be introducing a
new Backup/Recovery perspective within our company..

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Greg Loughmiller | Cingular Wireless | 678-893-3217 |
gloughmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | greg.loughmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cingular wireless confidential & Proprietary. Use pursuant to Company
Instructions.  If you have received this email in error,  delete the
original and any copy thereof.