Re: Oracle RAC 11.2.0.3 support on ZFS Storage Appliance

  • From: Biju Thomas <biju.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 17:01:41 -0500

Just wanted to provide an update, after working with Oracle/SAP on this:

Oracle: Oracle in the process of working with the owner of the
certification matrix.  Right now that there isn’t a note that certifies the
specific configuration, however the general consensus from Oracle is that
they support the solution.

SAP: We were hoping that the customer uses the Oracle Cluster Ware instead
of the SUN Cluster.

The SUN Cluster is very rarely used in the SAP RAC customer base. Therefore
we do not test this configuration anymore starting Oracle version 11.2.0.3.
That’s also the reason why we revoked this configuration  from the list of
stacks in note 527843.  However, a SUN Cluster based RAC stack still works
and is supported by Oracle. We therefore approve and support that the
customers uses this configuration for SAP system.