RE: Oracle Performance on VMWare

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:01:13 -0700

It's probably note 249212.1 you're referring to and yes, it says something to
that effect, but I think there are a lot of different interpretations of the
note.  I think my interpretation as stated previously is fairly accurate, but
in reality it could come down to something as trivial as who answers the phone
when you call support and what kind of mood they're in, or how carefully and
politely you submit your request, etc.  I can't quote the Metalink note here
due to licensing restrictions, but anyone with Oracle support can (and probably
should) read it very carefully for themselves and then follow up with direct
conversations with both Oracle sales and tech support reps to clarify any
doubts and make a good decision as to whether or not Oracle's support policy
meets their needs for running on VMWare or not.

Regards,
Brandon

From: M Rafiq [mailto:rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Thanks for your responses. It was a documented requirement in a Metlaink note.