Re: Oracle Partitioning - 600GB Table

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "timur.akhmadeev@xxxxxxxxx" <timur.akhmadeev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:17:31 -0800

This one :)

Dbms_redef may or may not be a good choice, it depends on the differences
between the design of the old table vs the new table, as well as how much
DML takes place on the table.

For very active tables, the Mview that is the foundation of dbms_redef may
not be able to keep up.

To make the right choice, you need a test system of the same size, and a
workload si,liar to production.

Jared

--
Jared Still