Re: Oracle & PHP

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:33:19 -0500

On 02/27/2007 01:35:49 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I've ran into this
> before. Oracle10R2 has strengthened
> protection of the home directory. After the patchset 1 (10.2.0.2)  there
> is a script called changeperm.sh
> in $ORACLE_HOME/install that must be run to fix the problem.
> Essentially, it changes protection for $ORACLE_HOME, $ORACLE_HOME/lib,
> $ORACLE_HOME/network, $ORACLE_HOME/nls and $ORACLE_HOME/oracore to make
> the files  world readable. One little "chmod -R 755" on those
> directories should do the trick.

Actually, do not change permissions recursively on $ORACLE_HOME, only on the
other listed
directories. The $ORACLE_HOME is created with 750 protection and without
protection that allows
others (Apache usually runs like "nobody" or "apache") processes owned users
which are not
member of the dba group cannot read it. It is, however, a bad idea to put those
users into
the dba group.

--
Mladen Gogala