Oracle Orion I/O test tool on Windows AMD fails

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:35:17 -0400

Has anybody successfully used Orion on a Windows 2003 server running AMD
?  I keep trying to run it, and get no errors from Orion itself, but it
refuses to run - the program just dies with no errors.

In the Application Event Viewer I get the following-

Faulting application orion.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
orion.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0004db7f.

I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with an AMD processor,
but the only other machine I tried it on was a Windows XP 32 bit Intel
laptop, and it works fine there.  My feeling is that its more Windows
2003 and/or 64 bit   I tried to alter the compatibility of orion.exe
(using Win XP compatibility) but I suspect this did not do anything, and
it had no positive affect.

I am using a test.lun file to point to a dbf file I created.  I also
tried it on a real DBF file that I copied from a 10g database, with no
change.   I am stumped.