Re: Oracle Notificacion Server and DCM ports in OracleAS 10gR2

  • From: Li-Shan Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:28:08 +0100

With cheap Blades its quite easy to sell these "Enterprise Deployments" :-P

The set up basically is:

2 nodes, Metadata Repository -> Cold Failover Cluster (Serviceguard)
2 nodes, OID -> Active-Active (new in 10gR2)
2 nodes, SSO -> Active-Active (new in 10gR2)
4 nodes, Internet Middle Tier
4 nodes Intranet Middle Tier

I talk to someone who performed a similar 10gR1 installation (15 nodes) in
the summer. I asked him to show me ons.conf of a Middle Tier Server, I
actually saw a line with 14 server names! That is, the server itself talks,
using OPMN, to all servers in the same Farm, which means that port 6200 must
be opened no matter Middle Tier or Infrastructure.

DCM is not that clear noone knows why why the port needs to be opened.

Middle Tier servers communicate between them directly, I believe OPMN is
used to replicate OC4J session states across servers in same Cluster in case
to perform a process failover.

So basically I need to open 6200 (OPMN), 7100 (DCM Discovery Port), 389,
838.

BUT.... I will try to convince the network guy to open all ports at the
Firewall just for installation.

LSC