RE: Oracle Names question

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx" <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:40:48 -0500

Maureen,

If I remember correctly, when you start the Onames service, it reads the Oracle
database to get the tnsnames definitions and stores those in its own memory (or
it could if you set it up this way).  You could actually have Onames read a
tnsnames file to do the same thing.

So it does not surprise me that it is still running.  Does it still work?  :)

Tom