RE: Oracle Library Cache

  • From: "Vana" <mvshelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:08:12 -0400

I fully agree with you that tuning from this perspective would not be a good
idea.  I am just trying to figure out if this is related to a library cache
mutex x wait which I believe maybe related to a vpd policy.   I noticed
these high miss percentages.  I cannot find  SQL AREA STATS  or SQL AREA
BUILD documented and it makes want to know the answer.  The library cache
mutex x wait was fixed by recreating the VPD policy which make me
suspicious.  To explain further I had about 6 query's running in parallel 8
on  a Oracle RAC environment. The query's were running with parallel local
so each query was not running across the cluster.  These query's were
selecting against 2 very large range hash partitioned tables.

Thanks, Matt