Re: Oracle, Legato, RMAN, Solaris

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oded.maimon@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

where are you linking the libobk.so
you will need to link it to /ust/lib/libnwora.so.
Also  for that ened to to have  networker module for oracle installed and
licensed.
if that is all fine
look in  sbtio.log  for what  the actual.
rman is sometimes  not good in displaying the actual error.
Also  look for  messages.log & daemon.log in the nsr(networker client) and do
ps -ef |grep nsr to see if legato daemons are actually running.

Oded Maimon <oded.maimon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to use rman with legato and when running
run {
allocate channel ch1 type 'sbt_tape' ;
}

I get:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of allocate command on ch1 channel at 08/04/2005
10:42:01
ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27211: Failed to load Media Management Library
Additional information: 25

The second time I'm running the same command i get the same error but
the last line is:
Additional information: 2

I've created a symbolic link for libobk.so library in $ORACLE_HOME/lib
I'm using oracle 9.2.0.6 so as i know i don't need to relink the oracle.
Any one know why I'm getting this error?

I didn't tried yet to use SBT_LIBRARY parameter.

Thanks,
Oded.