Re: Oracle Installation on Windows

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:18:15 -0700

Bill -

I don't have documentation available, but starting with 10G, I ran
into some Oracle problems with permissions when shelling out.

Starting with 10G, Oracle changed the security model when executing
programs, so they don't know what the ENV settings are. The solution
from Oracle Support was to create a new Windows account with all the
permissions Oracle itself needed, then define the ENV settings, PATH,
directory permissions, etc., then install Oracle.

Once I did this, then everything worked as it used to under 9i. All
this came about since I use the routine at
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/ShellCommandsFromPLSQL.php to
execute a 'Move' command in a couple of my PL/SQL statements for my
application.

You may be having a similar situation as I did, if your applications
attempt to execute a Windows command.

Not sure if this helps or not.

--
-- Bill Ferguson