Re: Oracle Home naming (and out-of-place patching)

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:45:46 +0100

Joel,

We changed the naming conversion slightly to something like
...../oracle/product/rdbms_112021_rel1
...../oracle/product/cman_112022_rely
...../oracle/product/agent_112030_relb

ht's a prefix which defines it's general purpose, 6 digits for the
version down to the PSU and a postfix. based on this full name we
identify the O_H down to all one-off patches we apply.

maybe this also applies to your needs.

Martin