Oracle HTTP Server / Restricted-Use License Question

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:00:21 -0400

eir product.  We have Oracle Enterprise Edition licenses and the documentation
states
" A restricted-use license for Oracle HTTP Server is with all editions (except
for Oracle Database Express Edition) when the HTTP Server is running on the
same server as the database. Running Oracle HTTP server on a different server
requires that other server be licensed to use the HTTP server, either through
an Oracle Database license or an Oracle Application Server license."

I read that we are licensed to install and use Oracle HTTP Server based on our
Oracle Database licensing, but what I can't find anywhere is a definition of
"restricted-use".  Does anyone know what Oracle means by that?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (srcdco@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work           (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer.