Oracle HS services

  • From: Out <mufc01666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 12:55:43 +0200

Dear,

We are trying to connect Oracle DB 11 to IBM DB 2 with DB link and Oracle
heterogeneous services. Connection works and we got data from DB2 but our
problem is when we run long query (must retrieve 7433 rows ) it retrieves
exact 6500 rows and hangs for about 30 second and then again retrieve the
rest. We think it is not network or OS problem but some parameter limit or
buffer or just some limit. But overall we have poor performance with that
DB2 database. With another tables also. Query witch executed directly from
DB2 DB don't have any performance or time-outs problems. So I think this is
some translation related problem.
We did played with different parameters but the result always the same.
this is the query which I mentioned before , returning only 6500 and then
the rest.

SELECT * FROM SH_SLOT WHERE STRUCTUREID = 'ADENM';

but with this query we don't have any issue , it is returning all records
without any problems.

SELECT * FROM SH_SLOT;
Can you please advise us.

The Oracle Database version is 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit and OS is Suse 11 Linux.

Thanks in advance.

*Tiran*

*Best RegardsStay in touch...*