RE: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:09:53 -0500 (CDT)

Pete writes:

>>From customers I've spoken to, the main reason people are looking at
>> upgrade rather than a clean installation is purely and simply because they
>> want to keep the history that is currently contained in their repository.
>> Of course, a clean installation does give you the chance to get rid of a
>> lot of old baggage that you may no longer need, but in general this is more
>> of a business decision than a technical one really.

The history is definitely why I'm upgrading -- I keep three years worth.
But I only have a handful of targets; my repository DB is only 7GB.

That's why my current plan is to do a 2-system upgrade.  I have notes that
the repo data will get "shuffled" over from the Grid to the Cloud a little
at a time, but I need to research that more.

But I'm still trying to get the test upgraded from 10gR3 to 10gR5 --
ORA-4031s galore!  And my shared pool was >512MB!  But that's another
story...  :)

Rich