RE: Oracle Free Monitoring link

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:19:58 -0500

Unreliable, unstable, resource intensive, very difficult to install and
maintain (OEM 10g Grid Control), lesser level of support via MetaLink
(my observation)...

Need I go on as to why not OEM?

I do use Spotlight occasionally and I like it, but I don't think it's
necessarily a good tool to have running all the time, depending on your
DBs.  There's also a free version of the web-based Big Brother (now also
owned by Quest) available at http://bb4.org , but I haven't used it in a
while.

And if I ever get back to writing my Perl/tk Oracle monitor, now defunct
for over a year, there'll be another...  ;)

Rich