RE: Oracle Forms and 11g database

  • From: "Reardon, Bruce (RTABBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:50:04 +1100

I haven't used 6i with 10gR2 so can't comment from experience.
Have a look at Metalink NOTE: 338513.1 entitled "Is Forms/Reports 6i
Certified To Work Against Oracle Server 10g Rel 1, Rel 2 or 11g?"
It says
"
Forms / Reports 6i + patchset 16 or patchset 17 was certified to work
against Oracle Server (RDBMS) 10g Rel 1 (10.1.x)
Forms / Reports 6i has never been certified, nor will it ever be
certified against Oracle Server (RDBMS) 10g Rel 2 (10.2.x) or Oracle
Server (RDBMS) 11g (11.x).
 (This is because Forms / Reports 6i is now de-supported - see important
note below)
"
It then goes on to describe a required one-off client side RDBMS patch
5192908 to upgrade the Developer 6i's RSF's to v. 8.0.6.3.13.

Hope this helps,
Bruce

________________________________

        From: Reardon, Bruce (RTABBAY) <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Oracle Forms and 11g database
        To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 1:02 AM

        Is any one using an 11g database with Forms 4.5 or 6i?
        If so, are you able to share any experiences you have had?

        My earlier posts were at
        //www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/10-2008/msg00338.html
and

//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/10-2008/msg00327.html.

        Perhaps no-one is using 4.5 or 6i with an 11g database?

        Our environment we are testing is 11g (11.1.0.6 patch 9 and soon
to be
        11.1.0.7) on 32 bit Windows 2003R2 SP2.
        The edition is Standard Edition One.

        Thanks,
        Bruce Reardon
        bruce.reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxx

        This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you
are not
        the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
this
        message from your system without first printing or copying it.
Any
        personal data in this email (including any attachments) must be
handled
        in accordance with the Rio Tinto Group Data Protection Policy
and all
        applicable data protection laws.