Oracle Financials Training Options

  • From: "Stephen Andert" <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:13:22 -0700

Hi there,

I've been put in a position of being backup for our Financials stuff and
will need to provide coverage during a team member's planned time off.  As a
result, I need to refresh my Financials knowledge (~8 years old) and get up
to speed.  My employer is not against spending some money on training but
has concerns with making sure we get quality (been burned in the past with a
waste of time/money).

As I see it the options are listed below with the main drawbacks listed in
() after each:

1. Oracle Classroom (quality of instructor is variable)
2. CBT (no opportunity to dig deeper on "why", interruptions)
3. Third party training (quality of training material/instructor is unknown)

My questions for you folks are:

1. Am I missing any options?
2. Any recommendations for #3?
3. If we go with Oracle Classroom, is there any way to get recommendations
for the actual instructor PRIOR to the class)?

TIA

 *Stephen*
 Blog <http://cactustri.blogspot.com/> |
Photos<http://picasaweb.google.com/andert>| Race