Re: Oracle Export Error ( 9.2.0.6 on Solaris 2.9)

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mladen Gogala" <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:56:22 +0200

We analyzed the problem together, and it turned out that Bala was hitting
the problem outlined in metalink note 409030.1 - caused by a "bad" dst patch
installation.

Stefan

On 4/1/07, Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/31/2007 11:45:18 AM, Bala wrote:

> Errors in file /oraadmin/NVUATDB/udump/nvuatdb_ora_8978.trc:
> ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [FFFFFFFF7E6878FC] [SIGBUS]
> [Invalid address alignment] [0x457863657074696F] [] []

Of course, if you take a look into ML ORA-7445 tool, you will see that
the first question you have to answer is the function in which the
exception
occurred. To find that out, it might be a good idea to actually look into
the
trace file. There are some trace files that will actually freeze you upon
looking
into them, so called Gorgon trace files, but those are mostly ORA-600
traces.
Yours is ORA-7445, so it should be safe to look into. I am sure that there
are
guys with crystal balls on this list who will be able to properly diagnose
the problem without looking into the available information, but I still
advise
looking into the trace files, ORA-7445 tool on Metalink and opening a TAR
(SR).

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com