RE: Oracle Exp

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joe Cooper" <aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:20:07 -0500

YES, thanks.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

  _____

From: Joe Cooper [mailto:aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:18 AM
To: Goulet, Dick
Subject: RE: Oracle Exp

Dick,

Will anecdotal evidence due?  During my company's transition from 8i to
10g, we had various instances in pre- and post-conversion states, and
still had to share/move data between them.  We were able to go both
directions, provided that when the receiving database was 8i, we used
the 8i binaries AND libraries (I forgot this once or twice, and got core
dumps!!) to export the data from the 10g database.

It's been a couple of months, so I checked myself with a quick test this
morning.  Worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Joe Cooper
Senior Oracle DBA
Highline Data
Austin, TX

"Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Jared,

        At a recent seminar that I attended it was stated that no
        version of export would work on a 10g database. Do you have
evidence to
        the contrary??=20

        Dick Goulet
        Senior Oracle DBA